Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Friday, January 06, 2006

Still not eating cow...

I've been passing out a lot lately--I haven't mentioned it because I'm trying not to bitch, but I whacked my head on the tub this morning when I passed out in the shower so I've got a bit of a headache right now and am entitled to be grumpy. That said, after chatting with Bradley (who is at a call-back interview as we speak, so hopefully he'll be telling Marcus to kiss his hiney soon), we determined that my IDA (iron-deficiency anemia) must be back in full effect...I've been lazty about my diet lately and haven't been eating right even though I've been better this past week (new years resolution ). So I'm going to be a lot better...eating lots more leafy green veggies, chicken & fish, legumes (another of my favorite words...just like the way it sounds), peas (very high in iron), and all that other good stuff. I'm also going to be drinking a gazillion gallons of various herbal teas that help with iron absorbsion--particularly nettles. I've also got this very nasty tasting liquid iron supplement called Floradix which seriously tastes like ass. I can't do the iron pills because they wreck havoc on my tummy. I also know that the easiest way for me do fix the IDA would be to cave in and eat cow. But I just can't do it. I haven't had any cow since I was 19 years old--over 11 years now--and I'm not about to start eating cows just because I'm feeling a little woozy. I just can't do it. Moo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home