Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Too much crap!

I carry a lot of crap with me to work. Actually, I carry a lot of crap with me everywhere. Today, I carried my large Michael Kors brown purse which contained my makeup bag (and all the contents thereof), wallet, cell phone, digital camera, checkbook, planner, new knitting book called Domiknitrix, journal, selection of pens, eyeglass case, sunglasses, hand cream, gloves, sanitary hand wipes, tissues, collapsible brush, water bottle, and my keys. After typing this I realize I forgot to put my gum in my bag this morning.

If I just carried my purse it wouldn't be so bad--but of course it wasn't the only one I brought with me to work today. I had a medium-sized Kate's Paperie bag filled with lunch (portion of the veggie pot pie I made for dinner last night--it was too good not to take with me today), skim milk for my Special K, my current knitting project which is one stripe away from completion, another knitting project which is sort of in flux because I dropped that one when I started this one (I brought it with me in case I finish the other one and the thought of have nothing to knit is terrifying), and another knitting book that has a pattern in it that I am going to blatantly use my company's copy machine for personal use on so that I don't have to drag two knitting books around with me.

I can justify all my crap because I have a long commute (an hour and 10 minutes on the way in, an hour home) and since I think I have ADD, I always need to have several selections of things to amuse me. It also doesn't hurt that if I get stuck in the train and someone looses their scarf and is cold, I can be of assistance.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home