Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Friday, May 12, 2006

Guns N' Roses! I'm not ashamed!

Yes, I used to be a metal chick. I had the hair, metal t-shirts, ripped jeans, MC jacket and everything. Since the late 80s/early 90s the sun-in has grown out, I switched to designer jeans with holes in them, and I've given the MC away, but I still have metal roots. I don't care. Make fun if you so desire. But I am not ashamed!

A few weeks ago, Brad and I were talking about the possiblity of going to see Guns N' Roses--or the skeleton crew of Axl Rose and Dizzy that has become G N'R--but we couldn't get tickets. None were available anywhere, unless you wanted to pay $200 a seat on e-bay. Since I've seen them before (several times--including giving up my seats for a show during high school because I had to take a damned Regent the next day and my mom wouldn't let me go--grrrrr, I'm still pissed about it), it didn't seem worth it to pay that much for seats especially when it wasn't even the original band--just Axl really.

However, I just got an e-mail from Live Nation (basically, that's ticketmaster) saying that there were tickets available for this Sunday's show (probably because it's Mother's Day) so we're going! We're going! Yes, it's cheesy! And yes, Axl Rose is a money-grubbing fuck! But I don't care! We're going! And Izzy Stradlin is supposed to be playing these shows, so it's more like the original Guns (there have even been rumors circulating that Duff--my first bass-player lust--is playing with them too; I'm not sure I really believe that, but it would be awesome if he was). I'm really glad that I got to see them when it was really the whole band back in '91 at MSG (Soundgarden opened for them) when Steven Adler was still the drummer (is he even alive anymore? I thought he OD'd or something). I also saw them at Nassau and Giant's Statidum when they toured with Faith No More and Metallica, but I'm so excited that we're going to see them. Ahhhh, metal memories! I'm going. I'm going!!!

Displaying my metal roots at our wedding:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home