Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Friday, April 21, 2006

Helena got spayed!

I took Helena to get spayed this morning and just got a phone call a little while ago that the surgery is complete and everything is fine! Hooray! I was so stressed this morning, I was actually weeping like a lunatic when they took her in. All of our kitties are like babies to me, but Helena is special because Brad and I found her together. She's really like our child. She was so good too. The vet had to actually try to get her to stop purring by making her smell an alchol swab so she could listen to her heart. She was just purring like a little happy girly.

I'm so relieved that everything is okay. Animal Kind (our vet) is such a great hospital. Most vets don't keep cats overnight when they are spayed or neutered, but Animal Kind does because there is always a risk that the kitty will run a temperature and then need antibotics to prevent infection. I'm not happy that she won't be with us tonight, but it makes me feel good to know that they are taking such good care of her. We're going to visit her tonight (have you ever heard of a vet that has visiting hours??!) and then we get to take her home tomorrow. I can't wait to see her! Meow!

Helena hanging out in my closet:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home