Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Monday, June 05, 2006

Anti-technology after 6 & on weekends...

I e-mailed a friend this morning with my apologies about not responding to an e-mail that he sent me on Friday until today, Monday morning. I'm a slacker on the weekends and after 6 p.m. Lately it's been really hard to drag my butt to our home computer when I spend 9 hours in front of one during the day. I just can't do it. I don't have that kind of attention span--and besides, if it is so important to get in touch with me, call my cell phone. I rarely don't answer it (unless it is during the day at work, in which case it is more than likely off anyhow, and you can get me at my work number). I just hate technology sometimes. I would rather hang out with my husband, my family, my kitties, do something productive, or do nothing more than take a nap. All that seems like it is a lot more important than checking e-mail. Maybe I'm just rebelling against e-mail and computers after-hours because I feel like a slave to them during the work week. One of my coworkers is on vacation this week--in Jamaica (I am so envious) and she actually e-mailed me back about a work issue. Is she crazy? Checking work e-mail on vacation? Completely nuts. No thanks. That wouldn't be me. I'd rather sunbathe.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home