Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Dirt...

I just borrowed The Dirt: The Autobiography of Motley Crue from a coworker, and I must say, it is freaking awesome. It so brought me back to all of the things that I love about metal and how freaking excited I was about music back then. I used to love finding out about the craziness that my favorite bands were always up to in magazines like Metal Edge and Rolling Stone; there was nothing better that lusting over pictures of Nicki Sixx, Tommy Lee (both from Motley Crue of course), Duff McKagan (bassist for G N'R), Sebastian Bach, Snake (both from Skid Row), Ian Ashbury (The Cult), and Tom Keifer (Cinderella) and my room was plastered with pictures of them. All reminiscing aside, The Dirt is an great read, told through all of the band member's perspectives (and Mick Mars is as insane as I always thought he was), with lots of commentary from band managers, ex-fill-in lead-singers, roadies, and some letters and scribbles from Tommy Lee when he was in prison. It really gives you an inside look at what the band was going through, their oft unruly passion for music and life, the insane amounts of drugs they put into their bodies, and really tugs at your heartstrings during moments. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a really engrossing summer read.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home