Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Today is...

A very important day. It's the first day of the year that I'm wearing a skirt without knee-high boots and two pairs of tights. It's supposed to be 58 degrees in NYC today, so I busted out a pair of my super-cute new shoes, brand new stockings, and a flair skirt just below the knee...

For many women, the first day they wear a skirt with shoes happens a lot sooner; women that are lawyers, or in the corporate world don't have the luxury of wearing jeans until it's finally warm enough to bare your legs to the world again and the temperature rises above 50 degrees. I'm lucky I suppose, but I also have an inordinate fear of freezing my ass off in the cold. That is probably because I went to a Catholic elementary/junior high school, so 8 years in a skirt is enough to make any woman a little shy about bare legs in the winter.

Spring is officially 31 days away, but according to my legs, it is definitely on its way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home