Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mother-in-Law...

My husband and I are pretty lucky in the in-law department--we both love our respective mothers-in-law, and occasionally go so far as to say we get along better with out mother-in-laws than with our own mothers. This is probably because we never got mad and screamed at our mothers-in-law during our teenage years, and the same cannot be said for our mothers. A little bit of distance goes a long way in creating a good relationship--at least these particular ones.

I can't help but be very grateful that Brad gets along so well with my mother. Recently my mom went for spinal fusion surgery, and the first week she was home from the hospital was also the week that Brad was between his old job and his current one. They were attached at the hip. At one point Brad called me to tell me that he was having breakfast at the diner near our house with my mom and her friend Pat! He was her personal chauffeur, taking her back and forth to doctor appointments, and if she had been up to it (she was still very much recovering at the time) they had an Ikea excursion planned. I think they both would have loved that. Now that Brad is busy with his new job, I barely get e-mails or calls from him, which is the opposite of what used to happen (he finally admitted that he understands why I told him sometimes I just don't have time to e-mail him back because I'm just too effing busy). I think my mom is feeling it even more...she just called me up to tell me that she misses my husband and wants to get together soon because she misses talking to him. She also informed me that her printer isn't working and that she needs Brad to go by and fix it. I have a hard time deciding if there is something actually wrong with it, or if she's creating an excuse to see my husband...if I had to put money on it, I'd definitely go with the latter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your mom knows i love her. i am a very lucky guy, with an amazing in law who has an amazing mom. . truthfully there;s nothing i wouldn't do for either one of you. she's the best mother-in-law a guy could want.

9/2/06 14:55

 

Post a Comment

<< Home