Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm too busy to eat!

I always know when it starts getting super busy at work because I start forgetting to take lunch until my stomach makes such a loud growl that my co-workers who share my office actually hear it and tell me to go eat something. It just happened. I'm going to finally leave my desk for more that three minutes on a pee-break so that I can go and get some food. It will probably be soup. I always eat soup; it's easy and I don't have to waste time thinking about what I feel like having for lunch. I ate soup yesterday, and I was sort of disappointed in my choice. I had Southwestern shrimp and corn bisque from Hale & Hearty (my normal soup joint). I was expecting it to be amazing--I didn't taste it ahead of time because I thought that I had already had that soup and loved it. It was not the case. I must have had a shrimp and corm curry, because this soup was seriously lacking in flavor. I hate being disappointed by what should be a fail-proof lunch process. In addition to whatever soup I get, I think I'll get myself an orange from the fruit cart. I'm feeling orangy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home