Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Thursday, February 23, 2006

My New Orleans/Hurricane Katrina Blogs

Several people have recently asked me for links to my New Orleans/Hurricane Katrina Escape blogs that I have on my old MySpace blog. I considered reposting them, but then thought that giving you a link of the blogs (in the correct order that they should be read) would be the easiest thing to do.

Enjoy! I know we didn't :-)

Escape from New Orleans Part I--Saturday, August 27th


Escape from New Orleans Part II--Sunday Morning and Afternoon

Escape from New Orleans Part III--Sunday Night


Escape from New Orleans Part IV--Monday Morning and Afternoon


Escape from New Orleans Part V--Monday Night: The Obnoxious New Yorker Surfaces


Escape from New Orleans Part VI--Tuesday: The Emancipation


Escape from New Orleans Part VII--The Final Installment


New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport Pictures:


New Orleans Fun Pictures

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Yeah, I was cringing when I reread parts of them. I was very filled with venom when I got back from NOLA, but with time, it has subsided. I still think the government handled the entire situation in a really terrible way, but I no longer think that I'd never visit again. In hindsight, it was an incredible experience that was really difficult to get through.

I'm glad we got in touch when I came back too! It's been way too long since we've hung out.

23/2/06 15:28

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the emphasis you put on how people down South are much much more ignorant than what New Yorkers are used to.

26/2/06 16:41

 
Blogger Christine said...

It wasn't that the people in the South in general were ignorant, but the people that were supposedly "in charge" were pathetic. I swear to you, on Monday afternoon while listening to the radio with a few of the people in another "house" across the way, we hear the major of New Orleans make the statement: "This tragedy has brought out all the heros and she-ros." I shit you not. I transcribed it into my journal when I heard it.

2/3/06 16:09

 

Post a Comment

<< Home