Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's been a year since Katrina...

And I still can't believe what we went through last year--I don't think I'll ever get over it. My therapist says that one of the reasons I rescue cats is because I have abandonment issues--because I felt throughly and totally abandoned down in NOLA (though that isn't the only reason, I can assure you). I was thinking of reposting all of those blogs here in one really, really long blog, and will a little later in the day. In the meantime, here is a link to the links of those blogs if you absolutely cannot wait. I am just so thankful that we got out when we did...because I was looking at the water on Canal Street, the day after the hurricane, and keep thinking to myself that if we hadn't left to go to the airport Sunday morning August 28, 2005, that is exactly where we would have been...

Hurricane Katrina blogs

Please take a look at this article from the Humane Society about the rescued animals from Hurricane Katrina. It also gives you a link to show you how you can donate...if you can find it in your heart, the animals would really appreciate it.

The Animals After the Storm

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home