Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Project What?

I am a dedicated Project Runway fan and have never, ever missed an episode of either this past season, or last season. And you know what? I'm disappointed. Watching the runway shows last year got me excited--I wanted Jay to win and was so excited to see the amazing and innovative clothes that he came up with. Kara San's line was great, though a little too bling for my personal taste. Even Wendy's line was cohesive in cut, color, and fabrics.

Last night's show was a mess. Daniel V. was a mess. Chloe was a mess. Santino wasn't a mess, but it sure was boring. I wasn't impressed--with any of them. I cannot believe that Chloe won--what the hell was up with the fabric she chose? All of the materials she used looked like they could have been turned into upholstery or drapes. Yeesh. Yeah, her clothing was impeccably put together, but innovation? I don't know what the judges were looking at, but I didn't see any. And Daniels line was so safe. Those purses were a nightmare (woodshop 101, hello?), and what the hell was up with the tassels and gold buttons? Eeeew, ewwww, EWWW. Santino. Oh Santino, did you disappoint. Your maturity squashed the raw talent we saw so much of this past season, and we were left with such lackluster pieces. Even the colors were drab.

After hearing all the buzz on Kara's line--that was the one that I really wanted to see. I was pissed that she was eliminated anyway since I thought she should have won both the flower and makeup challenges, and thought that her evening gown was infinitely better than Chloe's. Take a look at the New York Metro pictures of her show here: Kara Janx 2006 Collection
I thought her collection was definitely the most inspired and interesting. Though I didn't love every single thing in it, it was still, by far, the most interesting.

I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth from Project Runway this season. Last season, I couldn't wait for the next show to start. I fooked forward to it all summer. This year? Let's just say Lost is still going to be the only reason to keep Wednesday nights free...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home