Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Yet another new kitty...

Many of you know that Brad and I rescued Melora back in September of last year, and eventually, after much debate, gave her to Vivian. Well, very similar to Melora's story, is Sawyer's, our latest rescue mission. Sawyer has also been living at the bodega up the corner, and I suppose, because it has been so cold out, we haven't seen him outside and running around at night because the bodega has been keeping him inside (I hope)...well Friday night, as I was getting off the train, the bodega was closing for the night (it was around 7 pm) and I saw him outside the store arond 50 feet from the door--and they were closing the gates with him outside. I got him to come to me and started petting him (mind you, I was in full view of the bodega owners--you would think that if they actually cared about what happened to him, they would have at least tried to keep me from petting him, or at the very least stuck around to make sure I didn't take him). I waited until they left, and then, whosh! I scooped him up and started walking home cradling him in my arms.


As I was walking up the block to my, a girl in a car was stopped me to talk--she mentioned that she knew who he belonged to and I told her that I knew too, had already rescued one of the other kitties they had, and that since the bodega people don't take care of their cats, I was taking him home and going to find a home for him--and I'd probably keep doing it until they learned how to take care of their animals. She grinned and said, "Good. He's better off with you any day." Vindicated, I got little Sawyer home and put him in the bathroom (our kitty depot since that is where any new kitty we get makes his or her first stop in our house), and got him all set up--food, water, snuggly bed, extra litter box we keep on hand for just such occasions--and tried to make him comfy. He seemed a little scared and skittish, but I can't really say that I blame him. Brad and I had dinner reservations, so we left to go eat and discuss what to do with Sawyer. As it stands right now, we are thinking that we're going to try and find a home for him. Having Melora stay with us for the past month made us realize how much extra work a fourth cat is, and how much our cats don't take kindly to newcomers. It's funny, because when we found Melora, Brad was the one who really wanted to keep her. Now with Sawyer, it's completely opposite and I really want to keep him. I'm not sure why that is exactly, but it's the truth. I really, really want to keep him. We'll see what happens though. One can never count on anything--except that cats find me everywhere I go. Check out the link below to see more pics of Sawyer! He is so darn cute.
Sawyer, the new kitty

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home