Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Friday, March 10, 2006

SF memories...

My recent trip to San Francisco to visit with my best girlfriends (Jennifer & Ingrid, who now live there, and Anna, who was visiting from New Mexico) made me realize something about friendship--or rather, made me remember something about friendship: it is the greatest gift in the world, and not something that should be given lightly. I know that my girlfriends and I have been through a lot together (more than I am comfortable sharing in a blog, I'll tell you that much) and while waiting to be seated at our table in a swanky Chinese restaurant in SF the first night of our visit, the four of us came to the realization that, yes, some things in life could be better, but right now, just as they stand, they're pretty darn good. It was such an amazing Zen moment--we were happy and grateful that we were able to share that moment with one another. It was amazing--the entire weekend was amazing.

That weekend in San Francisco has made me think about so many things recently--not only how much I love my girlfriends, but also how important it is to just be. To not rush around, making plans, but to sometimes just sit back with the ones you love, drive around randomly, sing crazy songs, talk, spend time with one another, laugh, be silly. I'll be carrying around the memories of that weekend with me for a long time to come--and I cherish my girls--so very, very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home