Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sawyer doesn't sleep...

Last night, for some reason, I thought it might be a good idea to let Sawyer hang out in the bedroom with me while I did some freelance work. He made himself very comfortable, attacked my feet and my papers a few times, and then retreated to the throw rug next to my bed and night stand; I dangled my hand over the bed and he'd occasionally swat at it. When it was time for bed, I closed him into the office (which is right next to the bedroom) and tried to go to sleep. The other cats came and took their usual places--Grendel at the foot of the bed, Elphie under the covers between my legs (not comfortable by the way), and Helena curled against my side. But Sawyer was voicing his discontent--loudly. He got sleepy I suppose, and eventually fell asleep.

Well Mr. Spoiled-Brat (or Mr. Pudding-Pop as Vivian likes to call him) decided at 4:00 am that he'd had enough of solitary and started meowing. Loudly. For more than a half hour. At 4:30 in the morning, I don't argue, I just removed Grendel to the couch (where Elphie and Helena already were), closed the bedroom door, and let Sawyer out. He proceeded to make himself comfortable on the throw rug on the side of my bed where he remained for the rest of the night, occasionally peeping up and hitting my hand with his paw. I am so in love with him.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home