Musings, bitching, rants, and amusing notions on the daily life of a NYC crazy cat lady

Friday, March 31, 2006

Attention Gentlemen:

(If you call yourselves such.) Please note that if I am nice enough to hold the elevator for you to go upstairs, the courteous thing is to allow me off the elevator first. As a matter of fact, gentlemen should always let ladies off elevators first. And elderly of either gender should come before the ladies (though the elderly gentlemen that I've met actually have manners and 9 out of 10 times still insist that ladies go first), as should women with children and baby carriages. I'm not saying I'm not a feminist, or that I'm better than you, but we're talking manners here, not gender politics. I'm not trying to claim that my vagina is a handicap or anything like that. I'm not asking you to get up off your ass when I'm standing on a crowded subway (but you're a scuz-bucket if you see a pregnant lady standing and you don't give her your seat). I'm not asking for you to always pay for me (though my husband does mostly, I treat him too). I'm not saying you should throw your jacket over a wet puddle so I may not soil my shoes. Just be courteous. It's never a bad idea to be courteous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home